This page is intended to advise on what personal information I collect about you, why I collect it, how it will be used, and how you can choose how I use it.
Online privacy is very important, and I take that privacy seriously.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulations (introduced 25 May 2018), you have the right to know and understand how your information is used. This law is specifically for EU citizens, but as I don’t collect geographical information of where my subscribers are based, I am making this request of all subscribers.
Emails sent to members of my mailing list also contain cookies. These identify whether you have opened an email and/or clicked a link within the email. These cookies record your email address, IP address, date and time you opened an email and/or clicked a link. If you object to the use of these cookies, you must unsubscribe from my newsletter; the link is at the bottom of every email I have sent you.
When leaving a comment, you will be asked for the following information:
- your name (used to identify you within the discussion); and
- your email address (to help prevent spam).
This information will be used by the spam filter I have installed in order to assist in the prevention of spam. It will also be stored within my site’s database in order to keep your comment(s) on display. I will never share any information you provide when posting a comment, likewise I will not use it to contact you. You have the right to request that I remove this information from my database and delete the comment; if you would like to make such a request, please contact me.
When you sign up to my mailing list, I ask you for the following information:
- your name; and
- your email address.
If you subscribe to receive email communication, your name and email address will be used to send you my email newsletter. I tend to email readers when I have a new book out, or if I am promoting a deal on a book I’ve already published, or if I’m involved in a promotion I think they’d like. You can unsubscribe from my newsletter at any time by updating your profile or contacting me.
The principles behind using your information
- I will only use your information with your explicit consent;
- you can provide or withdraw your consent at any time;
- your privacy is very important to me, and it will always be the most important factor when I use your personal information; and
- the only times I will use your information without your consent is if I have a legal or contractual obligation to do so.
You are entitled to request the following; these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – the right to request access to your personal information and information about how I process it;
- Right to rectification – the right to have your personal information corrected if inaccurate and have incomplete personal information completed;
- Right to erasure (AKA the Right to be Forgotten) – the right to have your personal information erased;
- Right to restriction of processing – the right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- Right to data portability – the right to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form;
- Right to object – the right to object to processing of your personal information.
Please be aware this list is not exhaustive.
If you have any questions regarding personal information I hold or the way in which I may use your information, please contact me.